1 c. softened butter1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
3 large eggs
3 c. plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. sherry wine
Fruit and Nuts:
7 c. copped pecans
1 lb candied pineapple, cut small
1lb candied red and green cherries, cut small
2 c. chopped dates (1 lb.)
3/4 lb white raisins
- In a very large bowl, mix batter as for any cookie.
- Stir in the fruits and nuts.
- Drop onto a well greased cookie sheet, or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees fahrenheit (149 celsius) for about 25 minutes.
- Makes 150-200 cookies.
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3 Tbsp sugar
Juice and Grated Peel of 1 lemon
- Pour evaporated milk into a medium sized bowl, and chill in freezer until ice crystals form around the edge.
- Peel, pit, and puree peach.
- Remove bowl from freezer and, using chilled beaters, beat milk until it has more than doubled in size.
- Beat in sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and peach puree.
- Pour into a shallow dish and return mixture to freezer. Freeze until firm.
Milk or Cream
- Place bowl outside to catch falling snow.
- Add milk or cream to snow until snow is creamy but not too slushy.
- Add a teaspoon or two of vanilla.
- Add sugar to taste.